Small and Medium-scale Enterprises (SMEs) are vital for broad based economic growth and rising living standards. However, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, businesses are facing unprecedented challenges trying to survive its impact.
To support SMEs during this period, Invest in Africa in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation have rolled out the COVID-19 SME Recovery and Resilience programme to provide vital business support to enable businesses recover and build resilience to future shocks.
The Market Access Component is a tailored initiative aimed at assisting 100 SMEs upgrade their capabilities and improve competitiveness in accessing new business opportunities. Selected businesses will each undergo a business diagnostic to identify key competency gaps, which will be addressed in consultation with technical experts and the business linkage team.
Qualifying SMEs will be selected based on the following criterion:
- Must be a registered company operating in Ghana for minimum of 3 years, with majority Ghanaian shareholding (51% or more).
- Must have a valid business Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- Must demonstrate a minimum annual turnover of US$250,000 for usual applicants and US$150,000 for women and youth applicants (GHS equivalent).
- Must operate in the value chains of at least one of following business sectors:
- Extractives (Oil & Gas, Mining).
- Must be able to demonstrate interest, willingness and readiness to access the intervention.
Women and Youth (18-35yrs old) led businesses are highly encouraged to apply.
The Application submission deadline is 30th October 2020. All interested and eligible SMEs are required to complete the attached application form for consideration in the programme.
Completed forms and supporting documentation should be submitted to email@example.com.
For clarification call 0503 328 822 / 0303 935 284.